House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Cleaning up the flair

Post by scooter »

So our flair has suffered somewhat since we went to a dark background for the forums. I had run everything through a filter to give it a transparent background, but this means that a lot of our icons are now black on dark grey, which is hard to see...

One possible thing to do would be to color-flip them to white on black or white on transparent -- but then that becomes an issue if you go back to the Prosilver style, or if I introduce other styles down the road.

The solution I am trying out, and it is fairly easy to implement, is to give everything a white background again. It makes things into little boxes, but it does mean we can see them again, and it doesn't change things too badly in Prosilver. I've done baseball as an experiment, which is in my profile. Tell me if that works.
This has been another brain dribble from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Of course, crazy people aren't required to do math at all, which is why their theories are so much more fun to read."
WolfofWords
Pirate of the Internet
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Re: Cleaning up the flair

Post by WolfofWords »

I think that makes sense. I think the white background looks better.
Writer. Dissident. Paralegal. Blogger.

“Catchphrase!” - Dude
Glitter
Mírén de dìguó shǎnguāng gōngzhǔ
Glitter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Post by Glitter »

:yes: :yes: :yes:
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Lord High Muckety-Muck
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Post by scooter »

Okay, so the first boxy icons are now out there. I'm just sort of doing them as I get to them. Not really a fan of the look, but I prefer it to not being able to see anything. Fortunately, the process is fairly easy: I just open them in MS Paint and save them. That automagically gets rid of transparency. Then I save them to the forum with "replace" checked...

There are one or two that I've swapped out for something that looks better -- swords was one; there might be some others.

I'm not doing all of them, but I will if people are having trouble seeing them. I'm going back and forth on the pride flags in particular.

QotM: "Of course, crazy people aren't required to do math at all, which is why their theories are so much more fun to read."
Glitter
Mírén de dìguó shǎnguāng gōngzhǔ
Glitter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Post by Glitter »

The swapped swords flair is visible from the control panel but not in posts. There's an empty spot that says swords but I don't see it. I have removed and reapplied just in case.
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Lord High Muckety-Muck
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:53 pm The swapped swords flair is visible from the control panel but not in posts. There's an empty spot that says swords but I don't see it. I have removed and reapplied just in case.
It's there now, for me. Might be a matter with the local cache. You could try clearing it in your browser.