House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

These big changes

Post by scooter »

Okay, welcome to our new look! A few folks have moved over to it, and you can toggle it using the requester in the upper right corner. The name of the style is Black - rather uninspired. There are some other options for it; we can use a darker blue or green for the secondary color.

Things are slightly different, including having the profiles on the left rather than the right; hopefully that is just a matter of getting used to them, but if it is actively "I hate this!", let me know. There are also other styles that are possible if no one likes this, including one which is just the old style in darker colors.

There might need to be some twiddling with the colors to make them stand out better; in particular some of the profile flair might need to be color-reversed. I think I can do that, but it will be time-intensive. If you have new icons you want to post, as always, send 'em to me.

And there are other things happening! With the help of [mention]janus[/mention], I have French working as a second language on here - it still needs a bit of work, but I will be starting a new forum for French-speakers. (On request, I will give you janus's PayPal so you send him some cash money - he has done all of this for these forums and asked for nothing in return!) I will also be clearing out many of the posts in the Welcome forum and replacing it with a separate page. There is a test page available as a place-holder: on Prosilver it is on the left below the header and labeled; on Black, it is on the right below the header, the second icon from the left after the FAQ and is unlabeled. Also coming up soon, the header will be replaced by a graphic (if you would like to try your artistic chops on one, please let me know), and there's also the possibility of installing a chat room, though it doesn't seem necessary at this point.

Leave comments here to let me know your take on things... :geek:
This has been another brain dribble from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Of course, crazy people aren't required to do math at all, which is why their theories are so much more fun to read."
scooter
Lord High Muckety-Muck
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Re: These big changes

Post by scooter »

We have a banner! It's temporary, and I'm quite willing to entertain other graphics if we have any artists out there...

QotM: "Of course, crazy people aren't required to do math at all, which is why their theories are so much more fun to read."
Glitter
Mírén de dìguó shǎnguāng gōngzhǔ
Glitter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Post by Glitter »

scooter wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 pm We have a banner! It's temporary, and I'm quite willing to entertain other graphics if we have any artists out there...
Lovely banner!!!

What are you looking for in a banner? Feel? Images? Colors?
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Lord High Muckety-Muck
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:29 pm
scooter wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 pm We have a banner! It's temporary, and I'm quite willing to entertain other graphics if we have any artists out there...
Lovely banner!!!

What are you looking for in a banner? Feel? Images? Colors?
Something that looks good with my company logo and isn't too embarrassing for the company or stuffy for my social users. Which is basically everybody, come to think of it.