Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

A new style?

Post by scooter »

Is everyone cool with the same basic boring style that this forum is in - it's called "prosilver" for some unknown reason - or are we looking for a bit of different color or some fancier graphics? There's a list of styles we can adopt...we can even allow people to pick their own. (Hopefully, anyway...we were also supposed to be able to allow people to pick their own language as well, and look where that got us... :dunno:)
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace
House: what

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: A new style?

Post by Space Ghost »

We could go for something darker...or perhaps just more beige...
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho
Saturn
Klingon Empire

Post by Saturn »

Not employed by or otherwise associated with Atlantic Computing Services.

Last.fm | 0xAB59A4BBF8AFF69C | Mastodon-compatible ActivityPub instance (Boardwalk members welcomed)

In everything you do here please remember there is a real person on the other side. Never assume malicious intent when a lack of knowledge will explain the situation.
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

scooter wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:06 pm Is everyone cool with the same basic boring style that this forum is in - it's called "prosilver" for some unknown reason - or are we looking for a bit of different color or some fancier graphics? There's a list of styles we can adopt...we can even allow people to pick their own. (Hopefully, anyway...we were also supposed to be able to allow people to pick their own language as well, and look where that got us... :dunno:)
My old one was nature themed. Black background with medium green text and medium brown topic/subject headings. People seemed to find that reasonably easy to read. We had pics next to each subject on the home screen - a big wide waterfall indicated new activity like yours is red and a narrow waterfall showed like the black text when everything was read.

So you should probably consider either really dark or really pale with enough contrast. But I personally have no preference as long as it makes sense and is easy to read.
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 am
scooter wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:06 pm Is everyone cool with the same basic boring style that this forum is in - it's called "prosilver" for some unknown reason - or are we looking for a bit of different color or some fancier graphics? There's a list of styles we can adopt...we can even allow people to pick their own. (Hopefully, anyway...we were also supposed to be able to allow people to pick their own language as well, and look where that got us... :dunno:)
My old one was nature themed. Black background with medium green text and medium brown topic/subject headings. People seemed to find that reasonably easy to read. We had pics next to each subject on the home screen - a big wide waterfall indicated new activity like yours is red and a narrow waterfall showed like the black text when everything was read.

So you should probably consider either really dark or really pale with enough contrast. But I personally have no preference as long as it makes sense and is easy to read.
There are some nature-themed styles out there, but I'm not certain they'd be right for my board. So, something else. [mention]CrazyCraftLady[/mention] was saying that it "looked very 90s" and needed a more modern look, but I'm not sure what that would be given that it is a forum. (If Facebook is any indicator, the most modern look is "incomprehensible". :x )

I'll keep looking through the available styles. If there is one you like, point it out...

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

scooter wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:06 pm

I'll keep looking through the available styles. If there is one you like, point it out...
.....................tries very hard to stay away from reccing something in all shades of purple............
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 pm

.....................tries very hard to stay away from reccing something in all shades of purple............
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... n/demo/3.2

Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

scooter wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:31 pm
Glitter wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 pm

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... n/demo/3.2
:<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :<3: :yes:
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

The wayback machine does not have any screen grabs of my forum but I found the main banner just to give you a feel of it....

That said I also like:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/metrolike/

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/absolution/

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/black/

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/serenity/
Last edited by Glitter on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

I kind of like the third one, Black. Think people here would deal with a darker theme?