News and announcements about The Boardwalk
[Dimetrodon]
United States of America
House: what

Fandoms

Lifestyle

Often keep getting logged out

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

I keep getting logged out for some reason often a few seconds after I log in. The only other board I had this problem was on phpBB.com and it was due to some configuration change they did. Was security enhanced?

Edit: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15515496

I think it's IP session validation and my ISP' highly dynamic IP. Probably why I had this problem on phpBB.com as well.

Can the setting be lowered please? It makes it difficult to use this site at times.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Often keep getting logged out

Post by scooter »

Dropping IP session validation from A.B.C to just A.B. We can disable it completely if problems continue.
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
[Dimetrodon]
United States of America
House: what

Fandoms

Lifestyle

Re: Often keep getting logged out

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

scooter wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:53 am Dropping IP session validation from A.B.C to just A.B. We can disable it completely if problems continue.
Thanks, it seems to have fixed the problem; this is just another example of something for security being more trouble than it is worth. This seems to be a common trend in modern cybersecurity. Significant problems to gain the smallest amount of security.