Saints Row 4

FPS, Platformer, MMORPG, or anything else - discuss here!
WolfofWords
Futurian
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Saints Row 4

Post by WolfofWords »

https://youtu.be/8LYfCs5bfyI

I am still currently playing The Witness but I thought I'd start another game concurrently which does not make me think brain much. That game ended up being Sants Row 4, a game I started playing at my brother's house.

I had not played the previous Saint's Row games but I know that it was created as a sillier response to the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Instead of playing a central, scripted character like in GTA, you play a character you create. I created a lovely redhead young lady and fired up the game.

You start out as President of the United States. (First woman president wooo!) Your Vice-President is actor Keith David and the rest of your staff is made up of characters you have saved the world with previously. Unfortunately, aliens attack and you spring to the defense of the White House and the world by gunning through the hallways and then to anti-aircraft guns. You end up failing and you blackout.

Most of the rest of the game takes place in a simulation that the aliens put you, your allies, and your enemies in. The game at this point really starts to feel like an homage/parody of The Matrix. You do missions and then you come back to the real world floating in a space ship above the destroyed Earth and rinse and repeat. You have to free your friends and former enemies from their own personal hells in the simulation so that you can put together a strike force to end the alien threat.

That sounds more serious than it is. There is a lot of goofy humor and the patter between you and your teammates is entertaining. The superpowers your character gains are so fun to play with. Leaping buildings with a single bound, running at superspeed, firing energy blasts, and using telekinesis are just some of the powers. There are also a lot of cool weapons including weird weapons like the Dubstep Gun, the Abductoray, the Tentacle Bat, the X-Mas BB Gun, and the Knifethrower.

It's a lot of fun and good for when I want to turn my brain off. I also own two other Saints Row games so I'll have to try them as well.
Writer. Dissident. Paralegal. Blogger.

"You can't satisfy everybody. If you do, you're probably doing something wrong." - Mick Foley

scooter
Scourge of the Galaxy
Scooter
House: Hufflepuff
Mastodon: @scooterbird@mstdn.io

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Saints Row 4

Post by scooter »

This game sounds like its entire plot should be written after the descriptors of:

*hits blunt*

"Okay...okay...I got it. This is it. What if we do this..."
SCOOTER :mrgreen:
:lol: Head Bartender in Charge, Tuesday Craft Night :ugeek:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "These are my butterfly swords. I keep them in case my butterfly collection gets out of hand."

WolfofWords
Futurian
Pirate

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Basically. It's similar to The Deadpool video game in that respect. It's not especially vulgar even for a game with a weapon called the Dildo Bat. It's just silly and fun.

"You can't satisfy everybody. If you do, you're probably doing something wrong." - Mick Foley

WolfofWords
Futurian
Pirate

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

The Deadpool game trailer for the record.

https://youtu.be/aWvHoC4Q0HM

WolfofWords
Futurian
Pirate

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Ladies and Gentleman... the President of the United States

scooter
Scourge of the Galaxy
Scooter
House: Hufflepuff
Mastodon: @scooterbird@mstdn.io

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

WolfofWords wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:19 pm
Ladies and Gentleman... the President of the United States

This is suddenly a political thread! Because she has got my vote!
SCOOTER :mrgreen:
:lol: Head Bartender in Charge, Tuesday Craft Night :ugeek:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "These are my butterfly swords. I keep them in case my butterfly collection gets out of hand."

WolfofWords
Futurian
Pirate

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

I was just playing Saints Row the 3rd and it's much the same but there are missions where you have to drive a convertible with a full-grown tiger in the passenger seat. Most likely inspired by the bit in Talladega Nights.