Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Whatcha Watchin?

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:39 am Finished Heroes 2022, through ep 10 of Love like the Galaxy and ep 1 of Immortal Samsara. I'll give IS through ep 10 to improve but odds are 50/50 at this point that I'll finish it, which too bad as I was looking forward to it.
It is underwhelming?
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

scooter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:40 pm
Glitter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:39 am Finished Heroes 2022, through ep 10 of Love like the Galaxy and ep 1 of Immortal Samsara. I'll give IS through ep 10 to improve but odds are 50/50 at this point that I'll finish it, which too bad as I was looking forward to it.
It is underwhelming?
Yes - that was my exact word. It's full of tropes - now I can be a fan of tropes used well, but ...sigh. The girl was born a minor fairy deity into Heaven with a great destiny that she knows nothing about. She's "naïve", lazy, self absorbed, "mischievous" and every time she runs into the hero who she's "destined" for she's an ass to him. He is in the top tier of the gods - aloof, mysterious, cold, powerful, probably has a warm mushy inside only for the flighty fairy girl. She'd going to do something DUMB to help her sister get higher up in the ranks of the gods (cause her sister's god boss is BITCH) and get herself tossed out of heaven wherein shenanigans ensue on Earth- somehow involving the hero so he can repeatedly save her from her stupidity and fall in love in the process.

This is apparently a standard story idea - with tweaks to it each time. And you choose your variety - like following a certain actor. I've tried a couple others like this and never get vary far mostly because that: "naïve", lazy, self absorbed, "mischievous" female character - really bugs me.

Also the visuals are pretty and cheesy at the same time. The costumes are lovely flowy, ribbons, tassels, crowns and lots of long hair but the sets are 80% CG and the magic powers - feel very 20-25 years ago - like no effort at all.
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:16 pm
It is underwhelming?
Yes - that was my exact word. It's full of tropes - now I can be a fan of tropes used well, but ...sigh. The girl was born a minor fairy deity into Heaven with a great destiny that she knows nothing about. She's "naïve", lazy, self absorbed, "mischievous" and every time she runs into the hero who she's "destined" for she's an ass to him. He is in the top tier of the gods - aloof, mysterious, cold, powerful, probably has a warm mushy inside only for the flighty fairy girl. She'd going to do something DUMB to help her sister get higher up in the ranks of the gods (cause her sister's god boss is BITCH) and get herself tossed out of heaven wherein shenanigans ensue on Earth- somehow involving the hero so he can repeatedly save her from her stupidity and fall in love in the process.

This is apparently a standard story idea - with tweaks to it each time. And you choose your variety - like following a certain actor. I've tried a couple others like this and never get vary far mostly because that: "naïve", lazy, self absorbed, "mischievous" female character - really bugs me.

Also the visuals are pretty and cheesy at the same time. The costumes are lovely flowy, ribbons, tassels, crowns and lots of long hair but the sets are 80% CG and the magic powers - feel very 20-25 years ago - like no effort at all.
Manic Pixie Dream Girl?

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

scooter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:43 pm
Glitter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:16 pm
It is underwhelming?

Manic Pixie Dream Girl?
I mean - look at this face.......... She's going to be big dumb trouble. There are absolutely NO brains in that look. And look at this poor sod who's going to fall for her. RUN boy Run!!! Go for the sister instead!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:55 pm
I mean - look at this face.......... She's going to be big dumb trouble. There are absolutely NO brains in that look. And look at this poor sod who's going to fall for her. RUN boy Run!!! Go for the sister instead!!!
You can just hear the wind whistling through those ears.

Besides, they can never get together - their lipsticks clash. :P

Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace
House: what

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »

Naiwen wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:38 am "The Demonic Maid".
:shock:

There is more of a story to this. There has to be.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

Finished through ep 15 of Love Like the Galaxy and ep 5 of Immortal Samara. It's improved from the first ep about 20% in that there's more actual plot happening. Though I still can't figure why these hero types keep falling for the ditzy spunky types - oh well never mind. I just prefer competent spunky types. I've seen some intriguing gifs from eps 10-12 so I'm at least going to get that far.

The thing is the quality of the writing between Galaxy and Samsara - just worlds of difference apart but they each have their fans.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:22 pm Finished through ep 15 of Love Like the Galaxy and ep 5 of Immortal Samara. It's improved from the first ep about 20% in that there's more actual plot happening. Though I still can't figure why these hero types keep falling for the ditzy spunky types - oh well never mind. I just prefer competent spunky types. I've seen some intriguing gifs from eps 10-12 so I'm at least going to get that far.

The thing is the quality of the writing between Galaxy and Samsara - just worlds of difference apart but they each have their fans.
It's the Manic Pixie Dream Girl stereotype. Less actual character development needed.

WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »