Deep Space Nine

What have you been watching lately?
Dracula
Space Cadet
United States of America

Fandoms

Deep Space Nine

Post by Dracula »

Anyone here a fan of Star Trek Deep Space Nine? I am, especially the episodes dealing with the mysterious Dominion in the beta quadrent.
Not affiliated with or employed by Atlantic Computing Services. Just a forumgoer.

scooter
Space Monkey
Scooter
House: Hufflepuff
Mastodon: @scooterbird@mstdn.io

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Deep Space Nine

Post by scooter »

DS9 tends to be really uneven. I think some of the best writing and stories that Trek has ever done have been on DS9, but there've also been some real stinkers in the mix.

I liked the introduction of the Dominion and some of the intrigue surrounding them...it broke up some of the antiseptic "cleanliness" that Trek always seemed to have, and showed that there were traits that still existed which complicated human and sentient existence in the far future.
SCOOTER :mrgreen:
:cool: Head Bartender in Charge, Tuesday Craft Night :ugeek:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Welcome to...The Internet! Where the men are REAL men! The women are REAL men! And the children are REAL FBI agents!"

WolfofWords
Captain
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Activities

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

DS9 is hands-down my favorite Trek. Probably the best cast and best overall writing. Sisko is still my favorite captain. Nog in particular was one of favorite character arcs.
Writer. Dissident. Paralegal. Blogger.

"The only medallions that I know of are either beef or enchanted." - Justin McElroy

Dracula
Space Cadet
United States of America

Fandoms

Post by Dracula »

I liked the rivalry between Quark and Odo, plus, Quark is always up to something.
Not affiliated with or employed by Atlantic Computing Services. Just a forumgoer.

Kamay
Junior Explorer
Scotland

Post by Kamay »

The dark side of Star Trek. But good writing most of the time.