Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Horror Movies

Post by WolfofWords »

There are a bunch of non-sequel movies that are not on this list but they use the word "anticipated" because these come with built-in buzz either from being part of a franchise or having a famous name attached.

Of this list, Halloween Kills, The Night House, Malignant, Antlers, and Candyman interest me. If Malignant is just another Conjuring-verse story then I'm out.

I'm also always on the lookout for the weirder more obscure stuff.
CrazyCraftLady
None of your business

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

I’ve never actually watched the Conjuring stuff. I take it you don’t recommend it, @WolfofWords ?
‘Meow’ says the knitter. :twisted:
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

I won't support Ed and Lorraine Warren. I'm also not the biggest ghost story fan.
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Alright, I realized I was being silly and started watching Conjuring-verse movies. I watched two of the Annabelle Movies and they have really good special effects, interesting ideas, but are not really scary. I found them more comical. I'm kind of interested in the connected lore over multiple movies now, though. For example, I watched Annabelle Comes Home which is basically the Conjuring's Avengers movie where all the previous ghosts get to appear again and team up.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

WolfofWords wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am Alright, I realized I was being silly and started watching Conjuring-verse movies. I watched two of the Annabelle Movies and they have really good special effects, interesting ideas, but are not really scary. I found them more comical. I'm kind of interested in the connected lore over multiple movies now, though. For example, I watched Annabelle Comes Home which is basically the Conjuring's Avengers movie where all the previous ghosts get to appear again and team up.
Isn't there a new one out? Something like "The Devil Did It"?
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

scooter wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:44 am
WolfofWords wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am Alright, I realized I was being silly and started watching Conjuring-verse movies. I watched two of the Annabelle Movies and they have really good special effects, interesting ideas, but are not really scary. I found them more comical. I'm kind of interested in the connected lore over multiple movies now, though. For example, I watched Annabelle Comes Home which is basically the Conjuring's Avengers movie where all the previous ghosts get to appear again and team up.
Isn't there a new one out? Something like "The Devil Did It"?
The Devil Made Me Do It. A movie targeted toward me (and maybe @KikisIslandLife ) since it is part horror/part courtroom drama, apparently.

The trailer quote is "The Court acknowledges the existence of God every time a witness swears to tell the truth. I think that it's about time they accept the existence of The Devil."
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Don't sleep on the new Fear Street series on Netflix. Part one was really good. The book series was by RL Stine and were a more adult version of Goosebumps. The terrors were less zany and more existential.

CrazyCraftLady
None of your business

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

WolfofWords wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:28 pm Don't sleep on the new Fear Street series on Netflix. Part one was really good. The book series was by RL Stine and were a more adult version of Goosebumps. The terrors were less zany and more existential.

OK, part 3 drops tomorrow. Time to place your bets - is Sheriff Goode a villain? If so, will he do a heel-face turn and help break the curse?

(my guess - yes and no)
‘Meow’ says the knitter. :twisted:
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Mentioned today during dinner. Very good movie.