USA vs. England

Yay, sports! Do the thing! Get the points!
WolfofWords
Pirate of the Internet
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

USA vs. England

Post by WolfofWords »

I know, it's rare that I make a sports post but my mom wanted to watch the game today. It was a total banger. The US went in as if under a death sentence. It wasn't a matter of "if" they were going to lose but by how many points. They absolutely gutted it out and shut out a European team for the first time since 1950. Unfortunately, they still did not win. While the US team may be headed for elimination on Tuesday (a do or die match against Iran), they definitely proved they were supposed to be there.
Writer. Pirate. Paralegal. Blogger.

"Another night but my mind can't seem to sleep
the morning light puts the fight back into me
I'm wide awake but afraid to open my eyes" - Wet Hot American Summer
scooter
The Guy What Runs Things
Scooter
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Vaccines

Re: USA vs. England

Post by scooter »

WolfofWords wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:34 pm I know, it's rare that I make a sports post but my mom wanted to watch the game today. It was a total banger. The US went in as if under a death sentence. It wasn't a matter of "if" they were going to lose but by how many points. They absolutely gutted it out and shut out a European team for the first time since 1950. Unfortunately, they still did not win. While the US team may be headed for elimination on Tuesday (a do or die match against Iran), they definitely proved they were supposed to be there.
That was quite the surprise. Seeing the team through qualification, I came to the conclusion that the U.S. definitely did not belong in the World Cup...but then, if anyone had said that Sa'udi Arabia would defeat Argentina or Japan would beat Germany, I would have laughed very long and hard. :red:
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "I don't get even. I get odd."