Coffee shop

♫ I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand, walkin' through the streets of Soho in the rain... ♫
scooter
Oh, jeez, it's him again
Scooter
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Coffee shop

Post by scooter »

There seems to be an entire genre of music on YT related to coffee - or should I say two.

There's the noodly piano jazz variety, complete with ambient rain and clinking glassware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_ejQQcrwI

The vague guitar-based noodling with a slow percussion-forward 4/4 behind it that one could potentially freestyle to (if one wasn't, yanno, white) :lol:, and some fake-analog hiss layered on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mYkbfsXRM

And several weird attempts to combine the two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2Syr7dm8k

It isn't bad as ambient goes, I guess. One of my favorite sandwich shops uses similar stuff in the background, and I have to admit, it does its job: pleasant without even threatening to come into the foreground. And there's just enough variety that it doesn't become too monotonous.

It does make me a bit wistful for just hanging out in coffee shops, though @CrazyCraftLady and I have a poor history when it comes to local cafés. Hell, the last one blew up... :cry:
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates)
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur."

CrazyCraftLady
Space Ranger
None of your business
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Re: Coffee shop

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

scooter wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:35 pm

It does make me a bit wistful for just hanging out in coffee shops, though @CrazyCraftLady and I have a poor history when it comes to local cafés. Hell, the last one blew up... :cry:
For those of you who are not local, he's being literal there. The Riverside blew up.
‘Meow’ says the knitter. :twisted:

WolfofWords
Yes, I am a pirate
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

One of the Baskin Robbins I frequented as a kid burned down. These things happen.
Writer. Dissident. Paralegal. Blogger.

"Loki said nothing. He tried to look ashamed and succeeded simply in looking pleased with himself." - Neil Gaiman, Norse Mythology

scooter
Oh, jeez, it's him again
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

CrazyCraftLady wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:44 pm
scooter wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:35 pm

For those of you who are not local, he's being literal there. The Riverside blew up.
hqdefault.jpg
BLOWED UP REAL GOOD!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scooter
Oh, jeez, it's him again
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Seriously, there are a whole bunch of these videos, and it always seems to be raining. From the sound of this one, I think you're actually sitting at one of the outside tables.

scooter
Oh, jeez, it's him again
Scooter

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Another collection: 7Beats DJs. This one seems to be well-curated. The set has some variation and texture. I am really liking what I hear from Thievery Corporation in particular...